Our firm represents start-up franchisors, more established brands, area developers, multi-unit owners and others in the franchise industry.
We counsel our clients on compliance, which may include drafting franchise agreements, disclosure documents, and handling state franchise registrations. We prosecute trademark applications and maintain the trademark portfolios of franchisors and other brand owners. We draft and negotiate international agreements for franchisors expanding abroad or entering the United States and for franchise developers and buyers, we review franchise offerings. We have attorneys in our network who review and negotiate commercial leases and handle employment and immigration matters. We form limited liability companies and corporations and provide securities counseling relating financing. And for our distribution clients, we regularly assist with distribution, license and supply agreements, for licensors, licensees, suppliers, and distributors.
We represent our franchise clients in a number of disputes. These include franchisee and distributor terminations, breach of contract, unfair competition, encroachment, non-solicitation and non-compete issues. These disputes also include trademark infringement and other intellectual property issues.
Our experience includes
• Litigation and Dispute Resolution
• Review of Franchise Disclosure Documents
• Review and Negotiation of Franchise Agreements
• Review and Negotiation of Area Development Agreements
• Forming Limited Liability Companies or Corporations
• Preparation of Stockholder, Partnership & Joint Venture Agreements
• Dissolution of Franchised Businesses
• Negotiating Buyouts and Sell-Backs to Franchisors
• Trademark Registration
• Trademark Protection and Renewal
• Preparation of Franchise Disclosure Documents
• Registration of Franchise Disclosure Documents
• Preparation of Franchise Agreements and Area Development Agreements
• Non-Disclosure, Restrictive Covenants and Non-Competition Agreements